Environmental Pollution Control Unit
The Environmental Pollution Control Unit of the Environmental Pollution Control Division is mainly responsible for prevention and control environmental pollution issues. The main instrument through which the Pollution Control Unit performs this function is the Environmental Protection License (EPL).
The EPC unit performs following functions in order to prevent minimize and control environmental pollution.
1. Implementation of Environmental Recommendation (ER) Procedure for siting of New Industries
2. Implementation of Environmental Protection Licence Scheme (EPL).
3. Procedure on granting concurrence for the EPL of BOI approved prescribed industries
4. Technical Intervention and Industrial Facilitation
5. Preparation of polices, standards and guidelines to enhance environmental quality
6. Special projects / programs
Last Updated on Wednesday, 26 February 2020 04:44