Environmental Education and Awareness Service
Environment Education and Awareness Unit of the CEA is responsible for extending awareness and providing environmental education for the target groups in order to enhance their participation in environmental protection & management.
- Implementing the Preschool Program
- Implementing the Eco Club Program for students of Grades 1 – 5
- Implementing the National Environmental Pioneer Program (NEPP) for students of Grades 6 – 13
Environmental Promotion Service
The Environment Promotion Unit of the CEA providing many services to general public as well as for different target groups
To raise awareness and disseminate environment conservation message, promotion Unit conducts below activities voluntary basis;
• Serve as resource personnel for awareness programs conducted by Universities, Private and Public Institutions, Industries etc. on request.
• Participated for exhibitions on request.
• Provide leaflets, posters, newsletters and magazines for required parties.
• Environmental Related video clips produced by the Central Environmental Authority is freely available in CEA Official YouTube Channel that could be downloaded by required parties;
• The programs activities conducted by the CEA is shared in official Facebook page, that could be viewed by required parties;
The center operates an inquiry service for clients. Inquiries could be channeled by telephone, in writing or in persons. Literature searches are also undertaken for client from resources available in the Library.
The Centre is open for references during working hours. Photocopying facilities are provided when necessary.
Current Awareness Service
The staff of the CEA are kept informed of the material available, in the library in their specific fields of interest, either manually or through e-mail. Environmental Content service,New accessions and , Newspaper/journal Index are used for this service.
Online searching service
The entire Catalogue of the Centre is available Online.
A large collection of Newspaper, Journal Articles related to environment and full text of all CEA Publications are available on CEA e-Repository.
The Center provides its members access its online Databases through Internet.
The Collection of following materials are also available for references.
The center is open to the interested public from 8.30 am to 4.00 pm on Weekdays.