Six-day Induction Program for the New Environmental Officers of CEA
With the aim of educating the new Environmental Officers on the key functions of CEA as well as to develop their soft skills required in carrying out the assigned duties, a six-day Induction Program was organized by the HRD unit from 06th – 11th November 2017 at CEA Head Office.
Prof. Lal Mervin Dharmasiri, Chairman of CEA, Director General Mr. P B Hemantha Jayasinghe and Mr. Buddhika Weheragoda, DDG (HRD, Admin. & Finance) were present in the Inaugural Session where they highlighted the importance of keeping up with the modern world trends in addressing environmental issues and adopting new knowledge towards enhancing the service of the Authority.
The technical lectures out of the following were delivered by the senior officers of CEA while development of soft skills was addressed by two external resource persons.
- Introduction to CEA
• National Environmental Act & Regulations
• International Convention & Its Implementation
• Waste Management Licensing Scheme
• Introduction to Natural Resource Management
• GIS Application for Environmental Management
• Introduction to Industrial Air Pollution
• Introduction to Industrial Noise Pollution
• Field Visit to CEA Sanitary Landfill - Dompe
• Introduction & Important Aspects of Environmental Impact Assessment
• Introduction to Industrial Water Pollution
• Environmental Education & Its Theory and Practice
• Environmental Pollution Control
• EPL Scheme & Reporting Procedures
• Field Visit to NWS & DB Water Treatment Plant - Kandana
• Public Service Free of Bribery & Corruption
• Customer Care & Public Relations
Upon completion of the Induction Program, the officers were assigned to the regional offices and the Divisions of the Head Office as per the requirement.
Wednesday, 15 November 2017 05:31 ஆம் திகதியில் இறுதியாக இற்றைப்படுத்தப்பட்டவாறு