The environmental pioneers who have completed the pathway to obtain the medal have to qualify to obtain the Environmental Pioneer, Green, Silver & Gold medals to become a presidential Medalist. The Presidential Medal is the highest medal in the EP Medal System.
The President Medal Awarding Ceremony will be held with the patronage of His Excellency the President Maithreepaia Sirisena on 13th of September 2017 at the President House. Hon. Anuradha Jayarathne Deputy Minister Mahaweli Development & Environment, Hon. Akila Viraj Kariyawasam, Minister of Education, Prof. Lal Mervin Darmasiri Chairman, Mr. Hemantha Jayasinghe Director General CEA and other distinguish guest will participate in this occasion. Forty pioneers have been qualified to award the Presidential medal in the program.
The Central Environmental Authority in collaboration with the Ministry of Education made every effort to make it a success.
The list of Schools of the Presidential Medalits are as follows;
1. Nannapurawa Maha Vidyalaya, Nannapurawa
2. Nugawela Central College, Nugawela
3. Dutugamunu National College., Monaragala
4. Udawela Central College, Udawela
5. Wimalarathne Kumaragama M. V., Naranpanawa
6. Sri Sumangala BalikaVidyalaya, Panadura
7. Yashodara Balika Vidyalaya, Bibila
8. Welimada Central College, Welimada
9. Kithalagama East Junior School, Kithalagama
10. Southland Vidyalaya, Galle
11. Wellassa National College, Bibila
12. Ridimaliyadda Central College, Ridimaliyadda
13. Sujatha Vidyalaya, Matara
14. Alawakumbura MahaVidyalaya, Aralaganwila
15. Udabadalawa Sudarshana Maha Vidyalaya, Kurunegala
16. Sivarpragasha Ladies College, Vauniya