Presidential Environment Awards 2017
Central Environmental Authority
Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment.
The government of Sri Lanka progressing to build up Blue Green Era to develop the Sri Lankan economy in making clean and green environment with the participation of institutions, organizations and the general public in large by streamlining the communication network and empowering them on the importance of conserving and protecting environment.
In order to facilitate this momentum, Central Environmental Authority has organized the Presidential Environmental Awards Programme to reward the individuals, institutions, organizations and activities which have made unique contribution to the field of environmental conservation and protection.
Main objective of this awarding programme is to appreciate the enthusiasm of the general public towards environmental conservation and protection while sustaining their active involvement in long run for the clean and green production.
Eligible Sri Lankan citizens or institutions or organizations can forward their application as candidate to consider them in this Presidential Environmental Awards Programme according to the appropriate sector and field mentioned below.
Field: 1 to 9
3. Individuals who are committed to Environmental conservation (Candidates should send applications prepared by themselves. Candidates are able to apply on behalf of qualified other persons by proposing their names. The information relevant to the service should be submitted along with the application.)
i. Radio - Best investigative environmental news reporting, best environmental program and best Environmental announcer.
ii. Television - Best investigative environmental news reporting, best environmental program and best Environmental announcer.
iii. Print media - Best environmental news reporting, best environmental features and the best environmental friendly newspaper that is committed to encourage public participation and dialogue on environmental conservation
9. Environmental Literature (Sinhala, Tamil & English)
i. The best novel in the field of environment.
ii. The best short - story in the field of environment.
Fields: 1 to 13
13. Sustainable Energy Project
• Winners of Gold Award from the National Green Awards programme held on 2014 or 2015 or 2016 and Presidential Environment Award from the Presidential Environment Award ceremony held on 2016 are not eligible to apply.
• An appropriate application can be obtained from the head office or provincial offices or district offices of the Central Environmental Authority or it can be downloaded from this website www.cea.lk
• Duly filled applications should be directed (together with relevant documents and attachments requested in the application form) to the Chairman, Selection Committee, Presidential Environment Awards – 2017, Central Environmental Authority, Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla on or before 31.03.2017. Application is acceptable in any of three languages (Sinhala or English or Tamil).
• Sector and field selected for applying, should be written clearly on the upper left hand corner of the envelope.
• Decision of the Board of Judges will be the final and selected candidates will be informed to receive awards at the Presidential Environment Awards ceremony to be held in October 2017 under the patronage of the President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
• Please contact 011-2872419 or 011-2872278 for further information.
|Request for Proposals to carry out a study on Current status of the Iron/Ferrous scrap Industry in Sri Lanka|
|Registration of Community Organizations on Environment|
|Questionnaire for Registration of Polythene Importers and Manufacturers|
|ISEA Report for Nothern Province|
|EIA Reports for Public Comments|
|Industrial Directory 2014|
|CEA e Repository|